Friday, October 12, 2012

Product Review/ Dupe: Hair Chemist Macadamia Oil Deep Repair Masque





Okay so everyones heard of the Macadamia Natural Oil line? The mask runs for about $30 for an 8.5 oz jar. Now as much as I love my staple products, this is still just alittle bit on the steep side, as I can't see spending $30 every month on one product.. Even if it does wonders on my hair..

Well the other day at Sally's I was looking through their hair stuff like always.. and stumbled upon this. Hair Chemist Macadamia Oil Deep Repair Masque for $10.89 with a Sally's card. 
Description says :Macadamia Oil Deep Repair Masque is a re constructor for dry or damaged hair. Combines Macadamia & Argan oils with Tea tree oil, chamomile oil, aloe and algae extract to nourish and condition damaged dry hair. Do not use Macadamia Oil Deep Repair Masque more than twice a week.

First thought was even the jar looks like the Macadamia Natural Oil line, but with an obviously lower price I figured I'd give it a shot.















For Starters when I opened this jar, the first thing I noticed is how full the jar actually was. I'm sure everyone knows how disappointed we are when you pay for something but yet the product doesn't even fill half the jar.. Well not this, it was full literally all the way up to the top of the lid, which already makes me like it.

But the other thing I've noticed was the texture of it, its very thick & creamy literally just like the Macadamia Natural Oil Brand, with alittle bit of a nutty smell. When I used this, I left it on for about 10 min with a deep conditioning cap,( directions say 7), and when washed out, my hair felt as smooth as glass. There was no greasy feeling when I air dried either, just very smooth and not frizzy. I really like this product, and think its worth every penny. I'd say it's 100% a dupe for the Macadamia Natural Oil line, & will defiantly be repurchasing


5 comments:

  1. Hey thanks for this review! I was hoping this would be a dupe for the Macadamia Naturals masque; does it smell the same!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's alittle more on the nutty side :)

      Delete
  2. It says not to use it more than twice a week?! do you know why? im wanting to use it every other day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can make your hair more oily! But I would just apply it to the ends, or just where the damage is to avoid getting greasy hair :)

      Delete
  3. i got a smaple pack from sallys and baby im hooked i just did the big chop and was almost going to go back to relaxers i will remain a curly girl .....

    ReplyDelete